Voting is now closed for the 2022 Election!
This is your opportunity to select members of the Plains Anthropological Society Board of Directors which will help guide the future of the organization. Pursuant to Article 4, Section 2 of the Bylaws (as amended), the Board of Directors shall consist of nine persons elected by the membership. Three seats are being vacated this year so you may select up to three of the six candidates below.
Polling opens August 15 and closes September 12 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Only members in good and current standing may vote in the Board of Directors Election. Current members include lifetime members and anyone who has paid 2022 dues up to and including the day of the election deadline for a regular, student, or joint (in conjunction with a regular member) membership. Voting is not allowed by Institutional subscribers. Each member is allowed to vote only once, but may select up to three candidates from the list below. You will not be able to make changes to your ballot once it has been submitted.
If you have not yet renewed your PAS membership for 2022, or would like to become a member, visit our membership page.
You must be logged into your PAS member account in order to cast a ballot. If you are having trouble logging in please contact Alison Hadley, the PAS membership chair by clicking here.
Electronic voting is the preferred method. However, if you wish to receive a paper ballot please contact the Nominations Committee chair Adam Wiewel. All paper ballots must be postmarked by the deadline. Any paper ballots postmarked after this deadline will not be counted. Paper ballots from non-current members will not be counted.
- Amanda Burtt (Research Associate, Anthropology Department Indiana University)
- Carlton Shield Chief Gover (Affiliate Professor of Anthropology and Curator of Public Archaeology, Indiana University)
- Cody Newton (Principal Investigator, SWCA Environmental Consultants)
- Bryon Schroeder (Director, Center for Big Bend Studies, Sul Ross State University)
- Veronica Mraz (Project Archaeologist, Iowa Office of the State Archaeologist)
- Devin Pettigrew (Field Director, PaleoWest LLC; Scholar in Residence, University of Colorado Boulder)